How To Install Window 10 On Hp Compaq T5000

Posted : adminOn 9/4/2018
How To Install Window 10 On Hp Compaq T5000 Average ratng: 3,7/5 6119votes

This is the longest post I've ever made on a StackExchange site, but this process requires a lot of explanation and attention to detail. It's also somewhat specific to the hardware in question, which requires more explanation. After a lot of headache, two accidental hard drive reformattings, and lots of frustration with HP's buggy firmware implementation, I finally got Xubuntu and Windows 10 running nicely side-by-side. I've done this with Windows 10, but it should also work with Windows 8.1. Both of these newer operating systems use the new(ish) UEFI firmware system, instead of the traditional BIOS system, which is where most confusions with dual-booting seem to arise. I read lots of things from lots of places with instructions for dual-booting with a BIOS system, that talk about UEFI as if it's just a different kind of BIOS, or an optional layer between BIOS and an OS. UEFI and BIOS are not the same thing; a UEFI is not a BIOS, and a BIOS is not a UEFI.

How To Install Window 10 On Hp Compaq T5000 Specs

This page contains the list of device drivers for Hp t5000 series. To download the proper driver, first choose your operating system, then find your device name and click the download button. Hp Dc7700 Bios Update Download.

Drivers Teclado Hp Kb 0316 more. They're completely different. There are some things that need to be done differently when dual-booting with a UEFI system. Firstly, do not use EasyBCD. I've seen a lot of outdated dual-booting tutorials that recommend EasyBCD, but it is designed to work with traditional BIOS firmware used by Windows 7 and Windows Vista, and it does not work well with newer UEFI firmware (Windows 8, 8.1, or 10). If you have already fiddled with EasyBCD, don't worry- the worst it probably did is make a mess in your EFI boot entries by writing things to the MBR. We'll clean that up in step 4. Speaking of MBR, avoid that like the plague.

The Master Boot Record is what's used in traditional BIOS firmware as a list of bootloaders stored in the boot partition (or, if written by Windows, in whichever partition is first) of your hard drive. It's meant to list the operating systems on the hard drive, and tell the firmware which one gets booted first. This does not work well with HP's UEFI firmware. It seems that if there's any MBR modification done, HP's UEFI firmware gets confused and runs back to the Windows Boot Manager, which will completely bypass GRUB. What you'll need: • A live USB or installation CD with your preferred Ubuntu distribution. • Installation media for your Windows OS. If you're upgrading from Windows 8.1, you can do it without downloading the full 3+ GB.iso for Windows 10- there is a web installer that downloads it as it installs- but, for this method, you need the.iso extracted to a CD or USB drive.

It's also a good idea to have it on hand for the future, so you might as well create it now. Since this question is about dual-booting with a UEFI system, you'll need • Make sure you have your Product Key, or you won't be able to upgrade/install. • Optional, but highly recommended: A drive large enough to back up your current Windows files. • Enough space on your hard drive for both operating systems, a boot partition (only 200 MB), and a linux-swap partition (usually the same size as your physical RAM). Step 1: Make a backup Back up all of your Windows files and folders that you don't want to lose. As long as you have enough free hard drive space for your new Ubuntu partition, this process should not interfere with Windows files.